Monday, May 10, 2010

well it has been a week....

here it is another fun story with pictures.
I do have to say these ones are really pretty so if you have weak stomachs don't even bother...
Friday night I was having some pain, the weird thing was on top of the pain I usually get in my stomach and bladder I had a killer headache seriously I was thinking I was having the beginnings of a migraine.
I was not so happy with this but whatever I got my rice rag out heated it up and was preparing for a long night of pain killers and cheesy movies... no worries.
After calling a friend to help me go get Grammies from the airport cause I couldn't drive while on meds... I knew I needed to sleep or pass out the pain in my head was getting worse.
I had grammie feel my jaw i thought it was puffy and my eyes were hurting too
so I looked in my mouth no pain on my teeth but like I said it was a little puffy.... nothing

Maybe two hours later one small purple dot on my gum line but nothing that was too big of a deal. still thinking i am OK.... I will go to bed and see a doctor tomorrow i do have a slight fever...

When i woke up 3 hours later in pain the nasty little surprise above is rearing its ugly head. Its like 4 am and i am really worried!! Dang it i gotta go to a dentist.... good luck with that on a Friday in Boise....


about an hour later about 5 am not even the left over pain killers i have for my bladder surgery is touching the pain and it has swelled to golf ball size i am shocked that it hasn't burst and that my gums are holding up my cheek is swollen and yellow you can see the golf ball in this picture i kid you not the abscess in my mouth golf ball size (sorry its way gross but i am freaking out!! and thinking seriously SERIOUSLY this is happening to me?!?!?!!!)
At 9 Uncle Rob is calling his friend and neighbor who is a dentist i have called Kim's friend who is a dentist and Ellen and Scott Taylor who have a dental office too by 11 I am calling Ashley to see how bad this is and what in the world i can do if i cant get in to see a dentist cause every office i know is closed on Fridays .... what i am really wanting to say is i cant take this pain anymore Ive got Grammies drill is that a bad idea to just pop this sucker myself and than make my way into the er?


Uncles friend pulls through at the last sec and will see me at 2 30. When i go in he asks why i am in and because i am not crying probably doesn't really realize that it is as bad as it was cause when i pull my lip down to show him both he and the dental hygienist both gasp and get stuff out of drawers right away. I had to swear over and over again that this hasn't been festering for months in fact it happened literally overnight. Even worse that the abscess "popped up" within about an hour of what i knew was going on. I still don't think he believed me though.

The dentist who was amazing by the way!! He did an ex ray and told me flat out that the tooth needed to go just by the sheer size of the abscess he said he felt he needed to take the tooth but that he could see there were many fractures on the tooth... he asked me if i had any head trauma that would explain tooth fractures i had to laugh.... and the whole dumpster story came out...
which had him going cause i guess Shay and Shelby hid in his garbage cans one day trying to scare his kids so he thinks our family must have some weird thing with trash cans .... hehehe anyway out came the tooth... and you were right Ashley with that much infection the Novocaine really does nothing to numb the area.... i didn't much care how ever cause i knew the sec that the it came out there would be relief and boy was there!!!

(actually when he stuck me with the needle the first time the abscess burst and they had to stop for a few to suction out all the gross.... and than again when they finally got the tooth out, ((the dentist said i have great roots!! ) there was a second pocket of gross... but man oh man i have not felt sooooooo much pain and i have had my fair share.... and sooooooo much relief as when that tooth was gone!!! )
So that is my latest news, if its not one end with me it is another!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I remember I was watching Gilmore Girls with you that night...poor girl! What a story to tell! p.s. I miss you!